Conservation Clear® Acrylic with its UV filtering technology protects works of art from the harmful effects of indoor and outdoor UV light rays. Over time, the ultraviolet rays in everyday indoor and outdoor light take a toll on artwork. Paper can become faded, discolored and brittle, causing irreversible damage that ruins the works of art. Conservation Clear Acrylic provides 99% UV protection to help protect art from fading by blocking harmful indoor and outdoor light rays, preserving art for years longer than regular acrylic.
- Available in 3.0mm thickness
- Filters out 99% of harmful UV light rays
- Crystal Clear transmitted color
- Water-white colorless edge
When To Use
- Any framing project that would benefit from lightweight acrylic and 99% UV protection
Care & Handling
- Cotton gloves should be worn to minimize fingerprints and other particles.
- Acrylic sheets are covered with a protective white poly film on each surface. This film prevents scratching during handling and cutting and should be left in place on the sheet as long as possible. To remove the film, start at one corner or side and roll the film on to a scrap cardboard core or on to itself. The film should never be exposed to excessive sunlight or outdoor conditions for extended periods of time.
- Use an acrylic cleaner and a clean damp cleaning cloth. Apply only light pressure, rinse with clean water, or a cleaner designed specifically for acrylic, and dry by blotting with a clean, damp cloth or chamois.
- Do not use dry or gritty cloths, they may cause surface scratches and create a static electric charge on the surface.
- Do not use glass cleaning sprays, kitchen scouring compounds or solvents such as acetone, gasoline, or lacquer to clean acrylic.
- Place the acrylic sheet on a clean, dust free work area.
- Cover the work table with a soft, clean, lint free felt.
- Use a Multi-Material Cutter “scribe & break” method to cut the acrylic sheet.