Optium Museum Acrylic®
Optium Museum Acrylic® Meets Your Rigorous Standards. Durable and strong, Optium is produced using a patented Tru Vue technology. A magnetron-sputtered anti-reflective, anti-static coating is bonded to an abrasion resistant, UV filtering acrylic sheet at an atomic level. This ensures long-lasting protection that doesn't oxidize and degrade over time.
- Available in 3.0mm, 4.5mm, and 6.0mm thickness
- Anti-reflective coating optimizes the appearance while significantly reducing distracting reflections to less than 1.6% at a 90 degree angle.
- Anti-static protection that actually exceeds glass and dissipates 2000 times more static than regular acrylic, making it safe for friable materials and minimizing cleaning.
- Abrasion resistant glazing offers 20x more protection than regular acrylic and resists minor scratches associated with frequent cleaning like anti-reflective glass. Can be re-used for traveling and temporary exhibits
- Maximum UV protection filters up to 99% of damaging 300-380 nm UV rays so you can display sensitive objects.
- Lightweight – 50% lighter than glass. Perfect for large items and display cases.
- Gauges up to 4.5 mm can be cut like regular acrylic
- Cleans like Tru Vue glass products, with ammonia-free cleaner.
- Shatter-resistant, thermal insulating, and anti-static properties provide a secure and protected environment.
- Click on Optium Fact Sheet below for more information.
When To Use
- For virtually invisible glazing that will enhance colors, brightness and contrast levels of all types of artwork, including shadow boxes
- For protecting valued, irreplaceable artwork against damage and fading caused by UV light
- Ideal for oversized framing applications and static sensitive pieces, such as pastels and charcoals
- When lightweight, shatter and abrasion resistant glazing is essential for protection