Conservation Clear® Glass picture framing glass offers the highest level of UV protection available in the industry. Over time exposure to indoor and outdoor UV light rays can contribute to fading and deterioration of art, photographs and other important personal keepsakes. Conservation Clear glass effectively blocks up to 99% of UV light rays to protect against fading and help keep framed pieces brighter, longer.
- Blocks up to 99% of UV light rays
- Does not degrade or delaminate over time. Tru Vue uses a proprietary inorganic, silica-based UV blocking coating, which is "baked" into the glass substrate producing a permanently bonded coating.
- 2.5mm glass substrate
When To Use
- Ideal for any framing application, if reflection-free viewing is not important.
- For protecting art, photographs and other important personal keepsakes against damage and fading caused by UV light.
- To provide fade protection for posters. The inks, papers and other materials used to create these prints are more likely to deteriorate at a faster pace than higher quality reproductions.
Care & Handling
- Glass should be handled with care. To avoid injury cotton gloves should be worn.
- Avoid dragging the lites of glass against one another when removing from the box.
- Do not slide the lite of glass into place. Lift it up to adjust reposition.
- Place a slip sheet or a non-slip matboard between the glass and the back of the wall cutter.
- Do not score the UV coated side. The inkjet printing stating "this side faces artwork" indicates the UV coated side.
- Place the lite of glass in the wall unit with UV coated side toward the wall, facing the slip sheet or matboard.
- Keep the glass cutter clean of glass chips by brushing away fragments frequently with a horse hair brush.
All of Tru Vue glass products are clean and ready to use. If spot cleaning is needed use the following techniques:
- Place the glass on a clean, non-abrasive surface for cleaning.
- Use a clean, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the glass. Tru Vue recommends using a micro-fiber cloth.
- Spray a small amount of ammonia-free cleaner onto the cloth. Spraying on the cloth will prevent overspray.
- Press the cloth against the glass and clean in round, circular motions.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: